Monday, November 17, 2008

What I Have Been Reading - Part I

This last spring I made a commitment that ultimately required me to read just about everything current on health care reform. Good grief!

The exercise was tiring but ultimately very worthwhile.

I have carved the various readings into categories and will occasionally post a category.

Here - important and/or interesting books. If you can read only one, I guess I would recommend Cutler, he seems to be close to the Obama track.

No endorsement of any of these books is implied, except to say that all added value to my readings.

I get most of my books now used at www.Alibris.com or www.Amazon.com (being cheap). Lot’s of Harvard professors here.


Your Money or Your Life: Strong Medicine for America's Health Care System
David M. Cutler, Harvard University
Oxford University Press U.S. (2005)
(Prof. Cutler has recently written some columns with Brad Delong.)


Redefining Health Care:
Creating Value-Based Competition on Results
Michael E. Porter, Harvard Business School
Elizabeth Teisberg, Graduate School of Business, University of Virginia
Harvard Business School Press, 2006


Market Driven Health Care:
Who Wins, Who Loses in the Transformation of America’s Largest Service Industry
Regina Herzlinger - Professor of Business Administration - Harvard
Perseus Books
1997 (paperback available)


Pricing the Priceless: A Health Care Conundrum (Walras-Pareto Lectures)
by Joseph P. Newhouse – Harvard Kennedy School
MIT Press (2004)


Saving Lives and Saving Money: Transforming Health and Healthcare
Gingrinch, Pavey and Woodbury
The Alexis de Tocqueville Institution (2003)

No comments: